Friday, January 3, 2014

Delayed Celebration Completed

"Champagne, if you are seeking the truth, is better than a lie detector. It encourages a man to be expansive, even reckless, while lie detectors are only a challenge to tell lies successfully."   --    Graham Greene
I finally got around to opening the New Year's Eve bottle on January 2 when my head cleared and I could taste again.  The Scharffenberger Brut from Mendocino County in northern California was just what the doctor should have prescribed if he wanted me to feel better much quicker.  Lively and yeasty with a good core of fruit and a long bread like finish, this remains  one of my very favorite California sparkling wines.  The wine making is overseen by its neighbor, Roderer California and they make my favorite California sparkling wine. 

12% alcohol and $21

No comments: