Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dry Oloroso Sherry

I'm still tasting and experimenting with a range of sherries. The latest half bottle I sampled was a Lustau Don Nuno Dry Oloroso.

Dark brown in the glass, very dark.  Aromas of nutmeats, earth, raisins and other dried fruits.  It was surprisingly light in the mouth for as dark as it was; I was expecting more.  Wonderful flavors of the nuts and fruits, almost tasting like a dry fruitcake.  Wonderful, full finish that lasted for quite some time an finished nearly bone dry. 

This wine kept doing things I didn't expect, and I pretty much liked everything it did.  It wasn't as full as the color indicated and it wasn't as sweet as the flavors hinted that it might be.

Tried it after dinner and tried it before dinner with a slight chill.  Good summer dessert wine and a good winter aperitif.

20% alcohol and $9 for a 375ml bottle.

No comments: