Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Abstract?

No, not an abstract. Just a little bit of today's weather.

It started late last night with freezing rain coming down on top of the snow. There were a few snow flurries and some sleet mixed in with the freezing rain. With temperatures in the mid 20 degree range it freezes on everything, including the tree outside the front door.

In several hours it will warm up to the mid 40 degree range and we are expecting thunder storms. After that the temperature will drop again into the low 20 degree range and we are expecting more ice before it all changes to snow tomorrow morning.

Did I mention the 40mph wind?

I'm looking at a bottle of 1992 Dow's, Quinta Do Bowfim vintage port. My first thought is to save it, but when I look out the window my heart is telling me to pull the cork. Decision upcoming.

2 comments:

Abigail Rogers said...

I love the picture! There are few better subjects for photography than ice and frost.


I see from your profile that you are interested in England! Have you checked out my blog yet?

http://picturebritain.com/

Every day I post photographs of glorious vistas, charming close-ups, videos, recipes, and interesting tidbits of life in Great Britain for the pleasure of Anglophiles and photo-enthusiasts everywhere!

Karolina , Krystyna , Klara ♥ said...

Very nice blog!I hope that you will visit my blog!
Best wishes from Polish;))